The market for artificial intelligence (AI) technologies is flourishing. Beyond the hype and the heightened media attention, the numerous startups and the internet giants racing to acquire them, there is a significant increase in investment and adoption by enterprises
- Natural Language Generation: Producing text from computer data. Currently used in customer service, report generation, and summarizing business intelligence insights. Sample vendors: Attivio, Automated Insights, Cambridge Semantics, Digital Reasoning, Lucidworks, Narrative Science, SAS, Yseop.
- Speech Recognition: Transcribe and transform human speech into format useful for computer applications. Currently used in interactive voice response systems and mobile applications. Sample vendors: NICE, Nuance Communications, OpenText, Verint Systems.
- Virtual Agents: “The current darling of the media,” says Forrester (I believe they refer to my evolving relationships with Alexa), from simple chatbots to advanced systems that can network with humans. Currently used in customer service and support and as a smart home manager. Sample vendors: Amazon, Apple, Artificial Solutions, Assist AI, Creative Virtual, Google, IBM, IPsoft, Microsoft, Satisfi.
- Machine Learning Platforms: Providing algorithms, APIs, development and training toolkits, data, as well as computing power to design, train, and deploy models into applications, processes, and other machines. Currently used in a wide range of enterprise applications, mostly `involving prediction or classification. Sample vendors: Amazon, Fractal Analytics, Google, H2O.ai, Microsoft, SAS, Skytree.
- AI-optimized Hardware: Graphics processing units (GPU) and appliances specifically designed and architected to efficiently run AI-oriented computational jobs. Currently primarily making a difference in deep learning applications. Sample vendors: Alluviate, Cray, Google, IBM, Intel, Nvidia.
- Decision Management: Engines that insert rules and logic into AI systems and used for initial setup/training and ongoing maintenance and tuning. A mature technology, it is used in a wide variety of enterprise applications, assisting in or performing automated decision-making. Sample vendors: Advanced Systems Concepts, Informatica, Maana, Pegasystems, UiPath.
- Deep Learning Platforms: A special type of machine learning consisting of artificial neural networks with multiple abstraction layers. Currently primarily used in pattern recognition and classification applications supported by very large data sets. Sample vendors: Deep Instinct, Ersatz Labs, Fluid AI, MathWorks, Peltarion, Saffron Technology, Sentient Technologies.
- Biometrics: Enable more natural interactions between humans and machines, including but not limited to image and touch recognition, speech, and body language. Currently used primarily in market research. Sample vendors: 3VR, Affectiva, Agnitio, FaceFirst, Sensory, Synqera, Tahzoo.
- Robotic Process Automation: Using scripts and other methods to automate human action to support efficient business processes. Currently used where it’s too expensive or inefficient for humans to execute a task or a process. Sample vendors: Advanced Systems Concepts, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, WorkFusion.
- Text Analytics and NLP: Natural language processing (NLP) uses and supports text analytics by facilitating the understanding of sentence structure and meaning, sentiment, and intent through statistical and machine learning methods. Currently used in fraud detection and security, a wide range of automated assistants, and applications for mining unstructured data. Sample vendors: Basis Technology, Coveo, Expert System, Indico, Knime, Lexalytics, Linguamatics, Mindbreeze, Sinequa, Stratifyd, Synapsify.
There are certainly many business benefits gained from AI technologies today, call us to learn more and discuss how it could transform your business.
Deliver positive business change with 3D Systems' end-to-end solutions. Streamline and revolutionize traditional processes through the integration of solutions for manufacturing, design, engineering, inspection and more.
A Comprehensive Approach to Address Different Needs
3D Printing, or Additive Manufacturing, is a process of making a three-dimensional solid object of virtually any shape from a digital model. The global 3D printing market has been around for decades, however, only now is it starting to explode with a myriad of applications for consumers. Current uses of 3D Printing include medical devices, food, fashion accessories, automotive parts, home-ware design, construction as well as customized toys that scan facial features and print personalized characters.
However, with new technology come challenges, especially around performance, compliance, and trust.
While the market is continuing to experience rapid growth, raw material suppliers, 3D printer brands, manufacturers, retailers, product designers and industrial users/vendors are facing different challenges:
- Which legal requirements must my product meet?
- How can I provide trust to my buyers/end users?
- What kind of electrical and safety tests should be conducted to demonstrate product safety?
- How can I control / monitor product performance and reliability?
- How can I assess and manage the risk associated with 3D printing?
- How can I demonstrate chemical compliance?
Megahertz supports you with a worldwide network and in-depth knowledge to meet or to overcome the challenges associated with 3D printing. We offer a wide range of services such as product testing, inspections, consulting and chemical management, to help you stay competitive in the market. Whether you are a raw material supplier, retailer, designer, brand or industrial user, our technical teams can offer you a full solution according to your needs.What are the key benefits?
- Comply - Deliver compliant products to market with confidence. Minimize risk of recalls and returns from hazardous chemicals or electrical safety concerns.
- Perform - Identify potential failures prior to going to market. Choose the correct printer for your needs. Minimize risk of returns from quality, reliability and performance issues.
- Trust - Strengthen and protect your brand and reputation.
- Reliability: To address the issue of in-use failure, we provide a reliability test service simulating real-life workload scenarios. These identified problems allow you to amend the design and reduce the likelihood of returns through failure in the field.
- Performance: Choose your 3D Printer wisely with a comparison test for large scale users, retailers or manufacturers that benchmarks printers against customizable performance criteria.
- Compliance: Partner with us for advice on the chemical, wireless and safety requirements for all target markets.
Megahertz understands your key concerns and provides a comprehensive and flexible approach to address your needs. Depending on your company and brand strategy, we will work with you to apply the right solution.
The table below provides an overview of the different services available now and those under development.
Drone Technology Reaches Beyond a Standalone Surveillance Solution
Once a technology firmly associated with military use, drones ‒ or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) as they are also known ‒ have experienced a perception shift in recent years. This is largely attributable to their adoption within key commercial sectors.
In fact a recent report indicates that the drone industry (serving sectors such as oil and gas, marine and utilities) is likely to grow at a compound annual rate of approximately 29% between now and 2025. This compares to only 5% growth within the military sector.
The driving force behind such significant growth in these sectors is the realization that drone technology offers much more than standalone surveillance; it offers a safer and in many cases more economical route to accessing and integrating data vital to site safety, efficiency and security.
Automate factory operations with custom, innovative technology Increase throughput productivity and reduce costs Protect your employees with improved ergonomics Pick and Place End of Arm Tooling Machine Tending Robotic Palletizing Robotic Packing Talk to us for more details in how we could engage and address your needs.
Pick and Place
End of Arm Tooling